Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Dear Yookie- 8th birthday approaching so soon

Dear Yookie-

This Summer You Learnt to Swim,
Earlier you were afraid to let to off your floatie -
Or would cling tight to me.
But then one day you saw a little girl Saiba swim,
You dove in, first retreated to the wall, then you pushed off and
Swam to me.
How you chuckled, and then scolded me for stepping few steps back,
So you could swim longer.
But gradually you learnt to swim across the whole pool.
Laughing, your hair stuck to your cheeks.

This Winter You tasted the snow,
In your father's arms, we walked down the streets of Talinn,
Your tongue sticking out, you said, the sky is throwing little pieces of
Vanilla ice cream,
I stuck my tongue out too, to taste your childhood.
It did taste like vanilla.
And then we ran on the road.
I was scared to fall, but you were laughing.
And then we took a tram,
And went to a shop and ate apple pie.

The coming summer you will be a big sister,
Will learn taking care of your older doggie Juno and the new tummy person-
As you call him or her.
You will suddenly see that the blanket in which we snuggle
Will have more tiny hands.
Pulling, you fear that they will also pull your hair.
Or sleep in-between you and me.
And we will figure this out together
And maybe you will suddenly grow up.

But I will always be there,
Tolift you high, so high that you can touch the MOON.
With you in my life, all this world is soul and water, with
Light reflecting off everything.
The coming summer you will learn a lot of things,
You will maybe learn to swim away from me.
And I will learn to stand and wait for you.
To swim back to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment