Achievements are great. It is satisfying to accomplish something. It feels good to win. And many achievements make the world a better place, too.
But also remember to ask, "What am I really trying to accomplish here?" You may realize the goal is not to write a best-selling book or earn that promotion or get into medical school, but rather to build a life you enjoy. And there are many versions of a life you enjoy.
It is often the case that if you can release the narrative of "I have to do this" to be happy, then a different (but equally lovely) life is waiting for you."
"I ask myself: are defeats necessary?
Well, necessary or not, they happen. When we first begin fighting for a dream, we have no experience and make mistakes. The secret of life, though, is to fall seven times and to get up eight times."
No comments:
Post a Comment